Wednesday, March 12, 2014

what-nail-gun-should-i-buy



I have several home projects coming up in the future so I'm looking at buying a nail gun. I'll be building a fence, a shed and finishing my basement. I don't need a professional rated nail gun, just a solid nail gun that won't break the bank.
What are your suggestions? Are the ones that don't need an air compressor any good? I'm guessing they're a little more expensive. Any help on what type, brand, etc. would be helpful.

I have framing guns, siding, staplers, and finish. The best all-around gun would be the Hitachi NR83A that shoots framing (10d), siding (8d), and tecos (1-1/2). You can use cooler nails(non-galv.), galv.'s, and ring shank, screw shank, and smooth shank. Try the tool sale locally on the internet. Be safe, G

Buying a single gun will be frustrating. The Hitachi is a good gun for overall use. You will still need a finish nailer, unless you plan on doing your trim manually. Doing this stuff for a living we have investments made in framers, finish, staple, brad, roofing, even strap-shots, but labor cost even more so they are necessary to keep our profit margin bearable.
I have an airless Dewalt finish nailer (18v), and don't leave home without it. But, here again, it was a $400 investment in convenience. I don't have to pull out a compressor and hose to do a repair job or small trim job.
As a homeowner, I probably wouldn't invest in the airless stuff just yet. Compressors are relatively inexpensive and can be used for many things (pumping tires, etc.) You can find the compressor,finish, brad, stapler combination on sale quite often at the big box stores. I have Bostitch framers I use strictly for framing, and a Senco 602 that I use strictly for decking, mainly for the difference in the cost of the nails. Bostitch electro-galvanized (2000) will cost $60, while Senco hot dipped galvanized (5000) will cost $80. And I prefer the hot dipped.

Thanks for the info.
So I'm deciding between the Hitachi NR90AE and the Porter Cable FR350A. Both have good reviews. Would I be going wrong with either of these?
Also, I was thinking about going with the Porter Cable Pancake Compressor. Any thoughts on this one or would you recommend another one?

Either would be fine The PC compressor will be noisy, but will serve you fine.

Originally Posted by alyuka
I have several home projects coming up in the future so I'm looking at buying a nail gun. I'll be building a fence, a shed and finishing my basement. I don't need a professional rated nail gun, just a solid nail gun that won't break the bank.
What are your suggestions? Are the ones that don't need an air compressor any good? I'm guessing they're a little more expensive. Any help on what type, brand, etc. would be helpful.
Won't brake the bank.
Harbor Freight Tools

i've been using my paslode for a few years now and i'm in love with it.
i think it is the 16ga one for finish work.






Tags: nail, bank What, bank What your, bank What your suggestions, bank What your suggestions ones, basement need, basement need professional, basement need professional rated, basement need professional rated nail, brand would, brand would helpful